Friday, July 8, 2016

NYX Lingerie Lipsticks Review

Hi my beauties! I recently picked up four shades from the NYX Lingerie Lipstick collection. The shades I own are: Corset, Honeymoon, Beauty Mark, and Exotic. They retail for $6.99 at Ulta and both of the times I went to purchase these shades, there was a buy one get one 50% off sale so of course, an incentive to buy two instead of just one.

The first trip I made I had bought Honeymoon & Corset together & wanted to test them before I decided if I wanted to pursue the other colors I had my eye on. Coincidentally, these two shades were the only ones available at my local Ulta, And obviously, I did love them because I made another trip to buy Exotic and Beauty Mark. The first thing that attracted me to this line was the shade range. When I first heard about them I didn't think that I had to have them because the shade range looked like all nude colors and too light for my skin tone. It's true that they most of their shades are nude toned, but you can definitely find some amazing darker grey and brown tones, which for the last couple of months I have been gravitating towards.

Packaging:
The scent that I get from these smells like a dry erase marker but once it's on my lips, I can't even tell that it has a scent. The packaging, I have noticed, looks similar to the Kylie Jenner lip kits. I can't compare them for you just because I don't own any because I can't justify spending over $7 on a single lipstick! Maybe one day, but for now, I prefer my drugstore and colourpop. Speaking of Colourpop, it is my favorite brand of lipsticks. I will always choose Colourpop over any lipstick I own, but I definitely recommend trying the NYX Lingerie Lipsticks!

Let's get down to the nitty-gritty and into the formula:
This formula feels more like a mousse on your lips. They do dry on matte; HOWEVER, once onto the lips, they feel tacky. When you smack your lips together after application, it will feel a little sticky. That can be a con for some, but for me, it wasn't something that was too unbearable. I found that to get the full color pigmentation, you want to apply at least two layers, with one the color looks a little sheer. As for fine lines, I found that Corset set into my fine lines but again it wasn't anything unbearable. With the other shades I did not notice it as much as I did with Corset so it might be that the lighter shades settle a little bit more into the lip's fine lines.

From left to right: Honeymoon, Corset, Beauty Mark, Exotic


Now I've only used Beauty Mark once, but I did find that I was re-applying it more than usual. I think I applied it around 4 times after eating and I even re-applied 30 minutes after applying the previous coat. I think it was because I was eating a very sloppy meal while I was wearing it. I think I was eating a burger & after that, my lipstick was looking very crusty and even a re-application did not fix this. Nonetheless, these lipsticks are long-lasting, but I do not recommend wearing them if you are eating a heavy/messy meal.

Final Verdict: 
 These are definitely worth trying. They are so impressive for a matte drugstore lipstick. This line carries beautiful pink, brown, and grey toned shades! I love all 4 shades that I purchased and do plan on getting more. With proper prepping with exfoliation and chapstick beforehand, you will love these lipsticks. They are long-wearing, but with limitations (avoid heavy eating). The formula is moussy & two coats will give the full color payout.

No comments:

Post a Comment